Keep up to date with the latest information about Microsfot Dynamics GP through articles from the Perfect Image and azurecurve blog.
Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017: New User Experience Features
August 8th, 2017 by
This post is part of the series I am doing on the Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017.
One of the areas being focused on in the 2018 version of Microsoft Dynamics GP, is the user experience. The announced enhancements are:
- Add sort to Receivables Transaction Inquiry – by Customer
- Add sort to Receivables Transaction Inquiry – by Document
- Add sort to Payables Transaction Inquiry – by Vendor
- Add sort to Payables Transaction Inquiry – by Document
- System password is remembered for the duration of the user session – the only downside is if you need to grant access to a window such as the VAT Return to a user, but then need to monitor them to make sure they then close Dynamics GP before continuing with other work.
- Rename of Payables windows to say Payments instead of Checks – I can;t find the post, but this was a request from Mariano Gomez and is well overdue. Pretty much all payments in the UK are by EFT, so it was getting seriously embarrassing having all the windows with Cheque in the name (UK language pack changes it from Check).
- Autocomplete added to the web client
- SmartList Favourites – unique password protection – this is by popular request after the password for SmartList Favourites globally was added in GP 2016 R2.
- SmartList shortcut on toolbar in web client
- Bank Reconciliation maximise window in web client
- Adding additional sorting in Bank Reconciliation window
- Update help icons to link to tagged online support documents
The enhancements to the user experience listed above should be of benefit to users of Dynamics GP, and follows Microsoft’s ethos of evolution, not revolution in the improvements they are making.
|Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017|
|New Features In Workflow|
|New User Experience Features|