Keep up to date with the latest information about Microsfot Dynamics GP through articles from the Perfect Image and azurecurve blog.
Implementing SmartConnect: System Requirements
February 12th, 2019 by Ian Grieve
This post is part of the series on Implementing SmartConnect, an integration tool from eOne Solutions, which can take data from any source and integrate it into Microsoft Dynamics GP (and other systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Sales Force amongst others). It has a drag and drop interface to make creating integrations quick and easy for all users rather than just developers (as many integration tools target).
Before starting to install SmartConnect, the following requirements should be checked to ensure compatibility; if procureing new servers or software, I’d generally advise to aim for the top of the requirements to ensure greatest longevity.
- 32 bit processor machines, 2 GHz or greater.
- 64 bit processor machines, 2 GHz or greater.
- 1 GB of RAM is required, at least 4GB is recommended.
While a faster processor and more memory will generally always speed up SmartConnect processing the following considerations should be made:
- Installations that will be handling large data volumes will require more RAM.
- Installations that will make extensive use of data lookups will require more RAM.
- Installations that will make extensive use of scripting and calculations will require more ram and processing speed.
- SmartConnect application installation requires approximately 100MB of disk space.
- SmartConnect Excel Add-In requires 5MB of disk space.
- SmartConnect Web Service requires 20MB of disk space.
- SmartConnect WCF Rest service requires 20MB of disk space.
- SmartConnect Windows Service requires 60MB of disk space.
- SmartConnect Dynamics GP add-in requires 60MB of disk space.
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Window 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2014
- Microsoft SQL 2012
The SQL Server Native Client 10.0 driver is required for the installation of SmartConnect. The driver is used to connect to the SQL Server as it creates the new database and users or connects to an existing database and user.
SmartConnect is created to be backwards compatible with different versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP. It is compatible with the following versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018
SmartConnect 2018 is compatible with the following releases of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Office 365
|Who Are eOne Solutions?|
|SmartConnect vs. Integration Manager|