Keep up to date with the latest information about Microsfot Dynamics GP through articles from the Perfect Image and azurecurve blog.
Microsoft Dynamics GP January 2018 Hotfix Now Available
January 24th, 2018 by
Terry Heley announced the availability of the January 2018 Hotfix for Microsoft Dynamics GP the other day on the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog. This hotfix is available for the following version of Microsoft Dynamics GP;
- 2013 – this will be the last hotfix for GP 2013, so you should really start planning your upgrade to a supported version.
While you don’t need to install every hotfix for Microsoft Dynamics GP, I would always recommend reviewing the fix list to determine if you need to upgrade.
I am not listing all of the fixes here, just the ones which seem important or relevant to my clients:
- These fixes are for 2018 only:
- You may experience slow performance when you click Inquiry>>Purchasing>>Transaction By Document.
- You are unable to make changes to copied workflow steps when created using the Copy Workflow Step feature.
- These fixes are for both 2016 and 2018:
- PM Payables Transaction Workflow A get/change operation on table ‘PM_Transcation_WORK’ failed.
- Upgrade error CO00104 set BusObjKey = replace(BusObjKey,’0PMPayables Transaction History’,’0PMPayables Transaction’) where BusObjKey.
- When two users simultaneously submit a document into a workflow with multiple approvers at the same time, one of the workflows will either go to the workflow manager or only be assigned to a portion of the approvers (this is an issue I logged with Microsoft which was causing issues for a couple of clients, so nice to see the fix available).
- You may notice duplicate payments with simultaneous use of the payables select checks window, warning was added to the user.
- You are unable to add new columns to existing Analytical Accounting SmartLists in Dynamics GP 2016 R2 or later & columns with special characters result in “excel found unreadable content” error when list is exported to excel.
- Posting a GL reversing entry to a historical year with P&L account, where it reverses in the new year has incorrect SEQNUMBR in the GL20000 and incorrect ACTINDX in AAG30001 on reversing ‘GJ’ entry and 0% in AAG3000.
For the full fix list, check Terry’s blog post